Last week WD unveiled the WD TV Live Hub media center, a Full-HD 1080p media player featuring a 1TB network hard drive. The device allows you to rent movies through Blockbuster On Demand, as well as offers Netflix streaming, Pandora, YouTube, Flickr photo sharing, AccuWeather.com, and MediaFly video podcasts from CNN, NBC, MTV and ESPN. You can also upload photos and videos to Facebook, share your status, view your wall and read newsfeeds from your friends – all on your TV.
In addition, HD video, music and photos can be streamed from the hard drive to any DLNA/UPnP-compatible TV or multimedia device on the home network, including the WD TV Live Plus HD media player, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 game consoles. You also can stream content from your WD TV Live Hub media center to iPads, iPhones or Android smartphones (using third-party apps).
Additional features include:
- Compatibility with virtually all TV sets thanks to an HDMI 1.4, composite video and component video output
- Automatic sync of shared digital media folders from PCs and Macs on the network with the internal hard drive to provide easy playback of new content
- Customizable user interface and programmable remote
- Ultra-compact design that easily fits into almost any entertainment center
- Two USB ports
- WiFi-readiness (with adapter)