You can now get the streaming movie service VUDU, as well as new sports and entertainment services – SnagFilms, XOS College Sports, SEC Digital Network, Comedy Time and Watch Mojo – on Western Digital’s WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub media players, the company announced this week.
The company also announced the new WD TV Remote app, an app that turns your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android device (coming soon) into an advanced remote control for your WD TV. The new WD TV Remote app has all the features of the standard WD TV remote control but adds in a gesture pad to navigate menu screens and services with intuitive touch gestures, as well as QWERTY keyboard support. In addition, a favorites screen gives you quick access to entertainment services. The WD TV Remote connects over your wireless home network and can work with multiple WD TV media players.
- VUDU – WD TV customers now have access to VUDU’s large HD library of movies and TV titles instantly on their home entertainment systems. WD supports the HDX video format that features 1080p Full HD video and Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio, for a cinema-like experience at home with the hottest new releases available on-demand without any subscription fees or late fees. Upon VUDU registration on their device WD TV media player users will receive a $4.99 USD credit towards VUDU movie rentals, which are available to rent starting at just $2 USD for two nights.
- SnagFilms – Customers now have on-demand access to SnagFilms’ broad collection of full-length independent films, free of charge, in genres such as documentary, comedy, drama, family friendly and pop culture.
- XOS College Sports – This free service offers the largest digital library of college sports video, including more than 75 years of current and classic college sports action.
- SEC Digital Network – On demand access is available for current season and classic Southeastern Conference games, videos, interviews and more. This service includes more than 1,000 hours of original and exclusive video.
- Comedy Time – This free service includes a broad library of short-form comedy video programming.
- Watch Mojo – Customers now have free access to Watch Mojo’s professionally-produced premium videos in categories such as comedy, education, fashion, food, health and fitness, music, politics, technology and video games.
WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub media players are available at select U.S. retailers and online at www.wdstore.com starting at $99.99. WD TV Remote is currently available as a free download from the iTunes Store and will be available soon on the Android Market.