Just a couple of months ago Pandigital launched the Nova, Star and Planet Android tablets, and now they bring us SuperNova, a larger, 8-inch touchscreen media tablet boasting a high-performance Cortex A8 processor, 4GB internal memory, MicroSD card slot (accepts up to 32GB memory cards), Adobe Flash, HDMI-out, built-in Bluetooth, and front- and rear-facing cameras.
Priced at only $229, with SuperNova you can surf the web, check email, see what your friends are up to on Facebook (and other social media sites), catch up on the news or entertainment, look at family photos, and more. It comes loaded with one-touch access to the Barnes & Noble e-book store, the GetJar app store, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
Additional features include:
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Browser – Access the Internet and surf the web anywhere a Wi-Fi connection is available.
- Adobe Flash 10.3 – Enjoy the full multimedia web with on-board support
- Bluetooth 2.1 – Expands peripheral hardware connectivity options.
- Email – Stay in touch with friends, family and colleagues using existing email addresses –including support for MS Exchange.
- InTouch – Quick one-app view of your Facebook, Twitter, and email accounts as well as topical RSS news feed data.
- U-Player – Direct access to popular YouTube videos.
- Gallery and Video Player – View and manage photo files, and play and manage MPEG4 video files.
- Music – Play and manage music audio files (MP3, WAV and AAC).
- ES File Explorer – View and manage files and apps, and back up files to a microSD card.
- OfficeSuite Viewer – Open and view many file formats (DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX and PDF).
SuperNova has a mini-USB On The Go (OTG) port for easy file transfers to/from your Mac or PC. It supports a number of peripherals, including both wired and wireless-via-dongle mice and keyboards, hubs, and thumb drives, and can also be used to re-charge the internal Li-ion battery.
“We are excited to deliver our most comprehensive tablet yet – one that offers many of the advanced features and functionality of higher priced tablets – at a price that’s affordable to consumers,” said John Clough, president, Pandigital. “We added some features to the SuperNova that we didn’t offer in previous versions of our tablets, but felt were important to the consumer for this flagship product, including an 8-inch capacitive touchscreen display and integrated Bluetooth.”
The Pandigital SuperNova (R80B400/R80B452) Android media tablet will be available in mid-October for $229.