Nov. 16, 2005–Hyatt Hotels & Resorts today announced StayFit@Hyatt – a dynamic selection of workout programs that cater to fitness-conscious business and leisure travelers staying at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts across North America and the Caribbean. Throughout Hyatt’s upscale hotels, travelers can expect the latest in cardio and strength equipment, exercise programs, and knowledgeable support staff on-site. Guests will find that they are not jeopardizing the workout routine that they have become accustomed to at home or at the gym while staying at a Hyatt hotel or resort. “StayFit@Hyatt is a real value-add for guests that want to stay in shape on the road,” explains Gordon Tareta, Global Director of Spas for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, “In response to the strong desire among travelers to maintain their workout regimes while traveling, we took the lead on developing a world-class, consistent fitness program with one of the most comprehensive yoga offerings in the industry.”
StayFit@Hyatt includes the following elements:
– YogaAway – Guests throughout North America and the Caribbean can experience highly effective and diverse yoga programs tailored to the specific needs of travelers through Hyatt’s exclusive partnership with Denver-based YogaAway, LLC. YogaAway’s approach is the first-ever yoga program of its type – providing travelers staying in every Hyatt guest room with in-room yoga experiences designed to address the recuperative and restorative needs that every traveler faces. Videos emphasize fitness, stress reduction and mental focus.
Furthermore, at select Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, regularly scheduled yoga classes, private consultations and corporate group sessions with certified YogaAway-trained instructors are offered at convenient times for business travelers.
“We are proud to partner with Hyatt in providing diverse yoga offerings that are accessible to Hyatt guests,” explains Bija Bennett, Founder and President of YogaAway, and author of Emotional Yoga: How the Body Can Heal the Mind (Simon and Schuster, 2002). “Yoga is a practical and powerful tool for reducing stress and work-related anxiety on the road.”
YogaAway offerings include:
– Complimentary “A Good Night From YogaAway” Turndown Ritual: This 11-minute, artfully-rendered yoga sequence provided at turndown is a therapeutic version of the common “chocolate on the pillow.” The ritual includes a video and a turndown card featuring breathing exercises to help ensure a restful sleep.
– Nine, 45-minute in-room yoga experiences via On-Command: Available in three categories: The Workout: Feeling Great Again, Stress Reduction: Feeling at Home and Finding Focus: Feeling Clarity of Mind. Special videos for children and seniors are currently in production. These programs address the challenges of jet lag, stress and fatigue, while promoting relaxation, rejuvenation and clarity of mind. Hyatt enhances the experience by supplying each guest with a specially-designed YogaAway mat. The videos are made available via On Command, Hyatt’s provider of interactive in-room entertainment for $6.99 per use.
– YogaAway GetAways: Led by trained professionals specializing in medicine, yoga, lifestyle and nutrition, these luxurious mini-vacations offer experiences for self-healing at every level and include experiential workshops, individual and group yoga practices, as well as compatible spa treatments. (Starts Q1 2006)
– Dedicated service – A 24-hour-a-day, seven day-a-week StayFit Concierge will be on-call at Hyatt properties to offer Apparel-on-Demand, providing exercise-wear for purchase within one hour for travelers who have intentionally packed light or forgotten their workout wear.
– Leading technology – Hyatt’s StayFit Concierge also make available to guests a complimentary Fitness GPS Forerunner Armband to help runners and walkers easily monitor their heart rate, course and distance, with guided navigation back to the hotel. These pocket-sized systems calculate directions with simple instructions and digital maps so that guests “hit the road” and return to the hotel or resort with ease.
– Technically-advanced facilities- Hyatt’s new partnership with Life Fitness, an industry leader in workout equipment, promises that guests will find the latest high-tech cardio and strength-training equipment in all Hyatt U.S., Canadian and Caribbean locations. Within a year, 30 hotels in the Hyatt U.S. portfolio will receive all new cardio equipment that will then be updated every three years. In addition, the locations will receive new strength equipment that will be updated every five years. These standards ensure that Hyatt guests will always be working out on the most up-to-date and technologically advanced systems.
Updated air and ventilation systems, and new lighting and audio/visual components will be incorporated into the StayFit@Hyatt facilities.
From the U.S. and Canada, reservations for any Hyatt hotel worldwide may be obtained by calling 1-800-233-1234 or logging onto www.hyatt.com.
For more information on YogaAway visit www.YogaAway.com.