Many New Year’s resolutions were made this past weekend (and soon will be abandoned, in many cases). Here are a few ideas from Verizon Wireless for how an Android smartphone can help us all stick with those resolutions a little bit longer:
Resolution #1: Do More Good
- Got a new smartphone for Christmas? Start out the new year by donating your old phone to Verizon’s HopeLine. All proceeds from the recycling and refurbishing program go to aid agencies that assist victims of domestic violence.
- Download the CauseWorld app and do good deeds while shopping by simply walking into stores. Sponsors donate real money and you choose where it goes. You can plant a tree, provide clean water and much more.
Resolution #2: Be Healthier
- Walk your way to your 2011 health goals with the Pedometer app for Android phones.
- Download Calorie Counter Pro to keep track of your calorie intake throughout the day. With a database over 300,000+ foods, you’ll be able to track everything you eat!
- Use Healthy recipes from SparkRecipes to browse thousands of recipes and save your favorites. The app provides calories, fat and more for each recipe.
Resolution #3: Learn Something New
- Learn a new language with help from your smartphone. The Learn Spanish app is free and will help you practice new words and phrases.
Resolution #4: Save Money
- The Shop Savvy app can help you make sure you’re getting the best price on an item when you shop by scanning the barcode and comparing the price to other local stores and the Web.
- The official app for Mint.com helps you manage your budget and track spending on the go.
- Use Groupon to find unbeatable deals without needing to print the coupons.
Resolution #5: Improve your Game
- The GolfCard app has a range finder, scorecard and allows you to analyze detailed trends right from your phone.
- The best way to keep up with your ESPN Fantasy Football league is from your phone. Put in players, keep up with scores and how your players are doing without being tied to a computer.
- The Jogger app takes home training to a new level, measuring shoe mileage, average speed, minutes per mile and calories burned. And it has a built in GPS capability to keep you on track.
Don’t give up on your New Year’s resolutions! Get the apps at the Android Marketplace before it’s too late!