As the chilly winter weather carries on across the U.S., the Dominican Republic (DR) is heating-up with an array of resorts offering alluring spring break deals to fit families, friends and romantics. While the style of these resorts ranges from lavish boutique to expansive all-inclusive, each property promises comfort, relaxation and good value (not to mention tropical conditions) with specials starting at $80.00 per person, per night.
- Casa de Campo (La Romana) Guests booking four-night stays (minimum) now through April 8 receive a 25 percent discount on guestrooms with an *inclusive supplement. (*Includes meals, unlimited drinks, unlimited horseback riding and one round of trap shooting.) www.casadecampo.com.do.
- Puntacana Resort & Club (Punta Cana) Now through April 30 the resort features reduced room rates that include breakfast and dinner at select restaurants and two hours of complimentary nanny service. In addition, bookings of a 90-minute treatment at Six Senses Spa on day-of-arrival receive a complimentary 30-minute scalp massage.www.puntacana.com.
- Tortuga Bay (Punta Cana) Now through April 30, guests receive a discounted rate at the Oscar de la Renta-designed Ocean View Junior Suite. Guests staying in the suite receive a tour of the Puntacana Ecological Foundation, 90-minute Thai treatment at Six Senses Spa, private dinner for two, daily breakfast and VIP lounge access at Punta Cana Airport.www.puntacana.com.
- Viva Wyndham Samana (Las Terrenas) The most affordable of the specials, the hotel features reduced room rates for stays between April 8 and April 30. Also included are unlimited meals and beverages along with complimentary non-motorized sports and activities. www.vivawyndham.com.
- Breezes SuperClubs (Puerto Plata) Guests who book a stay between April 9 and June 20 receive up to a 50 percent discount on all-inclusive vacations. www.superclubs.com.
- Casa Colonial (Puerto Plata) Now through April 30 guests can book a spa package which includes a three-night stay in a junior suite for a reduced rate. Also included is use of the gym, sauna and steam room along with treatments at Bagua Spa for two, a bottle of house wine with a dinner reservation, daily continental breakfast for two and a transfer from Puerto Plata’s airport. www.vhhr.com.
- Victoria Golf & Beach Resort (Puerto Plata) Guests can book a golf package now through April 30 which features three nights in a Superior Room for a discounted rate. The package also includes use of the gym, sauna and steam room plus two rounds of golf at the Robert Trent Jr. golf course, a bottle of house wine with a dinner reservation and daily continental breakfast for two. www.vhhr.com.
Rich in history, the Dominican Republic’s first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Since then, it has developed into a diverse and luxurious destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to more than one million U.S. visitors each year. At 10,000 feet, the Dominican Republic is home to the highest point in the Caribbean. It also features some of the best golf courses and beaches in the world, the largest marina in the Caribbean and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families. For more information visit www.godominicanrepublic.com or call 1-888-374-6361.