Earlier this year we told you about Casio’s Green Slim projector line for gamers. This week Casio added four new models to the line – the XJ-A255V, XJ-A250, XJ-A155V and XJ-A150 – that are equipped with the world’s first mercury-free, laser and LED Hybrid Light Source. The new Green Slim projectors have increased brightness with 3000 lumens, 2X optical zoom, HDMI input, and project images larger than 100 inches! The models are super-portable too, weighing in at just 5 pounds.
Two of Casio’s Green Slim Projectors (XJ-A255V, XJ-A250) tout native WXGA resolution at 1280 x 800 pixels (16:10), with the XJ-A255V featuring a USB input for PC-free use. The XJ-A255V also comes with a 802.11b/g/n wireless adapter, allowing you to wirelessly connect up to 32 Windows PC’s simultaneously with up to 4 PC’s displayed on screen at one time.
The other two models (XJ-A155V, XJ-A150) feature XGA resolution (1,024×768), with the XJ-A155V including a USB and 802.11b/g/n wireless adapter.
The new Casio Green Slim projectors will be available this month with MSRPs of $1,499-$1,799. For more information on the Green Slim projector line, visit www.GreenSlimProjector.com.
CASIO’S GREEN SLIM PROJECTORS SHINE BRIGHTER WITH NEW MODELS
GREEN SLIM Projectors Add Four 3000 Lumens Models to Line up Offering High Brightness For B2B and Consumer Applications
November 16, 2010 — Casio America, Inc. is proud to announce the expansion of the company’s revolutionary GREEN SLIM Projector line with four new models with increased brightness – XJ-A255V, XJ-A250, XJ-A155V and XJ-A150. Earlier this year, Casio announced the creation of the world’s first mercury-free, laser and LED Hybrid Light Source, capable of high-brightness projection for use in next-generation projectors. Developed under the company’s “clean and green” concept, the new projectors eliminate the need for mercury bulbs with the production of a long-lasting light source. The new models boast 3,000 lumens, making them the brightest mercury lamp free projectors available and suitable for a variety of applications including business, education, digital signage, home entertainment and gaming.
The new XJ-A255V, XJ-A250, XJ-A155V and XJ-A150 models further demonstrate Casio’s investment in earth-friendly, low cost of ownership projection while upholding Casio’s reputation for quality and ease of use. The GREEN SLIM models shine brighter, offering clear, crisp picture quality that enhances lessons in the classroom, meetings in the boardroom and gaming in the living room.
While utilizing the GREEN SLIM line, users will encounter a better projection experience thanks to the many benefits of Casio’s innovative Hybrid Light Source technology. The GREEN SLIM line reduces operating costs and eliminates the time and effort involved in lamp replacements while maintaining clear, high-quality images over an extended period of time.
“Casio is proud to build on the GREEN SLIM line of mercury-free projectors with the addition of the 3,000 lumen models,” said Frank Romeo, vice president of Casio’s Business Projector Division. “The additions demonstrate the advancements of technology and convey Casio’s commitment to establishing the CASIO Hybrid Light source as the industry’s premier solid state lighting solution.”
Several new Casio GREEN SLIM Projectors are available including two models with native WXGA resolution at 1280 x 800 pixels (16:10) and additional USB-enabled models that can project without a PC or communicate wirelessly with PCs. The USB-enabled GREEN SLIM models include the wireless adapter and can be wirelessly connected with up to 32 Windows computers simultaneously with up to 4 Window PC’s displayed on screen at one time.
below is the new 3000 lumen lineup of GREEN SLIM models:
Host Function &
802.11b/g/n wireless adapter*
Host Function &
802.11b/g/n wireless adapter*
wireless adapter included
Main Features of Casio’s GREEN SLIM Projectors
- Laser & LED hybrid light source that enables mercury-free, high-brightness projection: High-brightness projection is achieved without using a high-pressure mercury lamp by using blue light emitted by a blue laser, green light converted from blue laser light with a fluorescent element, and light emitted by a high-lumen red LED through a DLP chip onto the screen.
- Wireless communication with PCs (XJ-A255V/XJ-A155V): Using the included Wireless adapter, these models can communicate wirelessly (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) with up to 32 Microsoft Windows PCs (4 screens can be viewed simultaneously), enabling meetings in which multiple PCs are brought together and presentations can be conducted easily without connecting directly to the projector.
- USB 2.0 host function enables presentations without a PC (XJ-A255V/XJ-A155V): These models can project presentations, prepared on a PC, still images (JPEG/BMP), and video files (AVI format: Motion JPEG) all without a PC using the included EZ ConverterFA and ArcSoft Media Converter 3 software and commercially available USB memory.
- Standard paper-size high-brightness projectors: High-brightness projection is achieved at 3,000 lumens with a laser & LED hybrid light source in a slim (1.7″) and lightweight (5 lbs.) standard paper-size body. These projectors can be carried easily in a briefcase without being bulky and can project clear images even in brightly lit rooms.
- Superior color reproducibility increases presentation impact: The laser & LED hybrid light source greatly improves color purity compared to high-pressure mercury lamps. It enables the production of beautifully vivid colors and projects clear, powerful images.
- Longer-life light source: Use of the laser & LED hybrid light source increases the light source life to approximately 20,000 hours—nearly 10 times that of Casio’s conventional products (XJ-S58, etc.) with a high-pressure mercury lamp—which means less maintenance and lower operating costs. Moreover, brightness deteriorates more slowly than with mercury lamps, so clear image quality can be maintained for a long time.
- Quick powering on and off, an advantage for smooth presentations: Projection at maximum brightness is possible in a minimum of eight seconds, and no cool down is needed when turning the projectors off. Thus, limited presentation time can be utilized effectively by enabling a smooth presentation flow from set-up to clean-up.
- Wide-angle 2X optical zoom gives users freedom of projector setup: These models come with a wide-angle 2X zoom lens (lens with a two times shorter focal distance) that provides the greatest magnification of any data projector. The GREEN SLIM Projectors also have an auto keystone feature that automatically corrects vertical distortion of the display due to projector position, enabling effective use in diverse settings ranging from small meeting spaces to large conference rooms and classrooms.
- HDMI terminal: All models are equipped with an HDMI terminal for single cable connection of High Definition audio and video with only one cable. It enables AV devices and PCs also equipped with an HDMI terminal to be easily connected to the projectors, which can then project the contents with no loss of quality.
- WXGA Native Resolution (XJ-A255V/XJ-A250): WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution allows display of wide format content in its native format, including high definition (720p) content and broadcasts.
- Ceiling mount is possible using commercially available hardware and brackets sold separately.
The GREEN SLIM models will be available at PRO AV Dealers and select reseller partners in November with MSRPs of $1,499-$1,799. For more information on the GREEN SLIM Projector line, visit www.GreenSlimProjector.com.