When you think of mobile phones offered by prepaid phone services, would you think of an Android smartphone? You would be if your provider is Boost Mobile. Available soon at Boost Mobile Exclusive Retail Stores, Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile standalone stores, the Motorola i1 is the first walkie-talkie enabled touchscreen phone powered by Android available from Boost Mobile.
The i1 features a 5MP camera, 3.1-inch HVGA display, and is one of the first devices to feature the new optimized Opera Mini 5 Web Browser. The i1 also comes with Wi-Fi and is one of the first Android phones to integrate new SWYPE technology for super-fast messaging.
“Last year Boost disrupted the wireless marketplace with the $50 Monthly Unlimited offer, and we are doing it again with the launch of the Motorola i1,” said Neil Lindsay, chief marketing officer, Boost Mobile. “Together with Motorola, we are able to offer the Android experience to those customers who enjoy the walkie-talkie feature. And with 1,100 Best Buy locations, 80 Best Buy Mobile stores and exclusive Boost Mobile stores nationwide, customers will not have to search far to find this hot handset.”
Motorola i1 Features
- Touchscreen smartphone powered by Android
- 5MP camera with autofocus, flash and video
- Wi-Fi capable
- Access to Email Exchange, Gmail, MSN, Yahoo! and more
- Instant Messaging (Google Talk preloaded, supports additional messaging clients via download such as Yahoo!, AIM and more)
- Nationwide walkie-talkie
- Opera Mini 5 & Android browsers
- Stereo Bluetooth capable
- 2GB microSD card (supports up to 32GB)
- GPS enabled
- Optional SWYPE virtual keypad